Save Money, Save Energy
Hot Spring Spas has led the industry in the design, engineering, and manufacturing of energy-efficient hot tubs. Every Hot Spring spa is built with our Energy Smart® system, which combines a number of energy-efficient features to provide you with extremely low operating costs. So, you can feel confident that your Hot Spring spa will deliver the very best value over time.
The Energy Smart® Spa
Unique features on every Hot Spring spa make them energy-efficient so that you can enjoy lower monthly operating costs.
- Every Highlife Collection model is totally insulated, featuring multiple layers of high density, polyurethane foam – the same material used to insulate commercial freezers.
- Limelight Collection models feature innovative FiberCor™ insulation, which fills the cabinet completely to a density that is 4 times greater than the ½ lb. foam used on most spas.
- We manufacture all of our spa covers ensuring a custom-fit and a tight seal to lock in warm air. Each cover features a dense foam core with a high R-value for insulation.
- The SilentFlo 5000® circulation pump continuously circulates spa water using less energy to operate than a 40-watt light bulb.
- Powerful WaveMaster® jet pumps are dedicated to powering the jets and are only activated when you need them.
- The SmartJet® system lets you direct power to the specific group of jets you choose which means less horsepower is required and less energy is consumed.
- We design our own heaters to maximize the transfer of heat to the water for maximum efficiency.
- Our patented pump shroud transfers heat from the equipment compartment to the water, utilizing pump exhaust heat to minimize water cooling and reduce energy consumption.
All models feature dimmer-controlled LED lights that use less energy than a standard light bulb.
We Set The Standard
Hot Spring Spas has certified all models to the California Energy Commission (CEC) in accordance with California law. With California setting the standard for energy-efficient hot tubs, you can have peace of mind knowing that your spa is designed to keep operating costs low no matter where you live.
In 2008, we received the ENVY Award for energy-efficient hot tub design.
Calculating Your Monthly Cost
How much will it cost to operate a Hot Spring spa? That depends on the model you own, the temperature you set, your frequency of use, the mean ambient temperature and the cost of electricity where you live. To get an idea, use this energy calculator. It presents the actual documented energy consumption of the specified Hot Spring spa in heavy use, based on third-party testing.
Get a free price estimate
- Monthly Energy Cost = Kilowatt Hours x Rate per Kilowatt Hour
- Temp = Approximate Annual Mean Ambient Temperature in Degrees Fahrenheit
- kWh = Approximate Average Kilowatt Hours per Month to Operate Spa*
- Rate = Approximate Average Rate Charged per Kilowatt Hour in Dollars**
- Cost = Approximate Average Monthly Energy Cost to Operate Spa*
* Based on a spa set at 102°F used 6 times per week, 15 minutes with the jets on, 15 minutes with the jets off during each use. Testing conducted by an independent third party certified laboratory in a Controlled Environmental Chamber at multiple ambient temperatures using continuous Data Acquisition monitoring of watts, temperature and humidity, with all equipment rigorously calibrated to ensure data accuracy. Testing conducted on representative large, medium and small spa models, with energy values for other models extrapolated from original data. Individual energy consumption will vary depending on water set temperature, actual consumer usage patterns, and actual environmental ambient conditions.
** Based on rate quoted by the local utility company in February 2011. Rates are subject to change – check with your local electricity provider for the current rate in your area.
*** In Canadian dollars.